Explore a different side of Italy, where local life moves at the gentle pace of the lapping sea.
Cycle along stunning coastal roads overlooking Adriatic shores. Glide past ancient olive groves that whisper secrets of the ages—and sample their oils with a local family. Explore the iconic trulli homes of Alberobello with a local specialist. And end each thrilling day at cozy masserie, authentic 16th-century fortified farms with their own Puglian tales to tell. Join VBT in uncovering a corner of Italy that may be less-familiar, but is by no means less inviting.
Bicycle Tour Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 4- and 5-star hotels and authentic masserie
- 12 meals – 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 8 nights in 4- and 5-star hotels and authentic masserie
- 14 meals – 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Matera – 2
nights for only $345 • Post-trip: Rome – 3 nights for only $495*
*Please note: For those traveling in 2015, the Post-trip Rome is $545, single supplement is $295.
Both Vacation Options Include
- Free use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two local, bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation
- Special Good Buy Discount
- Stays at masserie, ancient fortified farms
- The mysterious mosaic of Otranto
- A home-hosted lunch and olive oil tasting with a local
- Peaceful country roads tracing a glimmering coast
- Wonderfully-restored farm hotels and a 5-star country resort
- Learning about the unique construction of a trulli house
What to Expect
This tour offers easy terrain throughout the
trip and is ideal for beginning cyclists.
- Activity Level: Easy
- Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 35 miles
- Average Daily Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours