Passions that erupt as spectacularly as the volcanoes.
Sentences that can only be punctuated with kisses. Gardens perfumed by jasmine and orange blossoms. Meals that marry bold Italian flavors with Moorish spice and sweetness. The Sicily of your imagination resides in the unspoiled southeastern corner. Here, the island’s Greek, Arab, Norman, and Byzantine gifts come in a decidedly baroque wrapper, most gorgeously gilded in the Val di Noto. This bower at the foot of the Hyblaen Mountains boasts no fewer than eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites – exquisite villages remade in grand baroque style after the 1693 earthquake. Join us to cycle, dine, learn, and unwrap a living treasure.
Bicycle Tour Only - without Air
- 6 nights in 4-star hotels
- 15 meals - 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 8 nights in 4-star hotels
- 17 meals - 8 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Palermo
• 2 nights for only $245, Post-trip: Syracuse
• 2 nights for only $245
*Please note: For those traveling in 2014, the Post-trip Extension to Syracuse for 2 nights is $295.
Both Vacations Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception with local wine and hors d'oeuvres
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT
- Special Good Buy Discount
What To Expect
This tour offers a combination of easy terrain and moderate
hills and is ideal for beginning and experienced cyclists. Our VBT support van
is always available for those who need assistance with the hills.
- Activity Level: Easy/Moderate
- Average Daily Mileage: 15 - 35 miles
- Average Daily Cycling Time: 2 - 5 hours