Cycle your way
through the lush northern region of Thailand while enjoying charming locals,
sophisticated hospitality and incredible value.
Here, in the heart of Southeast Asia, we ride along
carefully selected routes past ginger farms, banana trees and emerald forests.
We’ll participate in local life at market visits and we’ll get to meet modern-day
monks during a fascinating monastery visit. . At days’ end we’ll indulge in relaxing
spa treatments and feast on local delicacies. Travel Thailand the VBT way, enjoying one of
the most unique and welcoming destinations in the world!
Bicycle Tour Only
- 8 nights in 3- and 4-star resorts
- 19 meals — 8 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- Airfare from Bangkok to Chiang Rai and from Chiang Mai to Bangkok
- 9 nights in 3- and 4-star resorts
- 20 meals — 9 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Bangkok • 2
nights $245 Post-trip: Luang Prabang, Laos • 3 nights $895
*Please note: If you are traveling in 2014, the Post-trip Extension for Luang Prabang is $845. Single Supplement: $245.
Both Vacations Include
- Free use of our VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation
- Special Good Buy Discount
- Get a few
cooking tips during a hands-on Thai cooking class
- Indulge in a tranquil
- Unwind in Chiang
Mai’s natural hot springs
- Explore historic
Thai culture during a visit to the Hall of Opium
- Cycle along the rolling
- Rest at comfortable
resorts with unparalleled hospitality
- Zip through lush
landscapes and scenic farmlands
What to Expect
This tour offers a combination of easy terrain mixed with moderate hills.
Our VBT van support shuttle is always available. Roads are carefully selected,
but in general are not of the same standard as in Europe or the U.S. Suitable
for beginning cyclists and ideal for recreational cyclists who ride regularly.
- Activity Level: Easy/Mod
- Daily Mileage: 13-25
- Daily Biking Time: 2-4 hours